Unit 2 Ways to go to school(Section A let’s learn)
knowledge aims: Be able to listen, say, recognize and write the main words: by train, by plane, by subway, by ship, by bike, on foot and by taxi.
Ability aims: Be able to ask someone his subjects on a certain day using the sentence pattern: “How do you get to ______ from ______? By ______.”
Emotional aims：Have more interest in learning English.
II. Teaching key and difficulty pionts:
1. Be able to write the main words: by train, by plane, by subway, by ship, by bike, on foot and by taxi.
2. Be able to ask someone his subjects on a certain day using the sentence pattern: “How do you get to ______ from ______? By ______.”
III. Teaching aids:
IV. Teaching process:
Step1. Warm –up
1.Let’s chant of Unit 1
2.free talk(Review Unit1):
T: Where is the bookstore? Where is Australian?(…)
Practice this in pairs.
3. Teacher present her friends Linda’s travel plan to Hangzhou for the National holiday and ask the students for help to figure out the transportation for her.
Present the topic: “Linda’s Plan” and draw a map for her
1. Let’s learn
1)Present “by plane”
L: How can I get to Hangzhou?
T emphasizes when you are using some transportation with fewest time. And let students try to spell plane.
2)Present “by taxi”
L:How can I get to Xinhua hotel?
T figures out the reason: It’s late. So I will take a taxi.
3) Present “by bus”
L:How can we get to the West lake?
If possible students should tell the reasons.
4)Present “on foot”
S: How can I get to school?
T emphasizes my home is near the home, so I can on foot.
5)Present “by subway”
6) Present “by train”
S:How can we get to Ningbo?
7) Present “by ship”
S:How can we get to Zhoushan?
T tell the difference of a boat, a ferry and a ship.
1. listen and number the text.
2. Let’s chant. Let ss chant together.
You go by subway.
And I’ll go by taxi.
And I’ll be at school before you.
You go by airplane.
And I’ll go by a big ship.
And I’ll be in Scotland before you.
3. Play a game “Can you remember”. P
S1: How can Linda go ____ from _____?
S2: By ____.
Then change another word.
4. Make a travel plan to create a situational atmosphere for ss. Let ss have a discussion in groups.
Step4. Summary & Homework.
1) T and ss conclude the key contents together.
2) Homework: Sing the chant to your parents.
V. Board Design
How do you get to_____ from ______?
by train, by plane, by subway, by ship
By bike, on foot and by taxi.